Letter from the Executive Director & Board President
Welcome to the Twin Pike Family YMCA's website! We encourage you to use this site to explore what our YMCA has to offer. We are proud to announce that last year our staff and volunteers made over 100,000 point-of-contact with our community members at the Y facility, and through the programs and services offered by the Y.
During 2014, the Twin Pike Family YMCA celebrated its twentieth year of service to the communities in and around Pike County, Missouri and Pike County, Illinois. In these twenty years, we have experienced great support from the communities we serve, which has led to the creation, of what we feel, is the best Y facility in any rural community in the country. Construction on the new indoor aquatics center is nearing completion, and the Y will have more opportunities than ever to meet the health and wellness needs of our constituents. During the past year, the organization has reached many milestones:
- More people than ever are Twin Pike Family YMCA members.
- Over 42,000 walked through the doors the Y facility and utilized our services as members, program participants, spectators or community members.
- Our Y is the largest provider of childcare services in northeast Missouri and west-central Illinois. We serve 680 kids and their families in our before, after and summer school programs.
- Our summer multi-community swim team had two swimmers finish in the top three in their age division at the swim league championship event.
- Several youth and adult programs experienced unprecedented growth and the number of participants involved in fitness classes was at an all-time high.
- We introduced the Y, and all that we have to offer, to the digital world through the creation of a new Facebook page and have been working to upgrade our web presence with this new website.
- Volunteers gave over 4,300 hours of service to our organization, and our new Reach & Rise Mentoring program provided over 1,500 hours to youth in need in 2014.
As we move forward and continue developing opportunities to serve our communities, we encourage you to join us. Help make a difference in the world we live in - volunteer at the Y, sponsor a child in the afterschool program, become a mentor, coach a youth basketball team, donate to the pool project. We can’t do it without your help. Your support makes all the difference!